Friday, July 8, 2011

cookie dough

Have I mentioned before that I love cookie dough? Remember the chocolate chip cookie dough brownie?

I have tried two new recipes involving cookie dough recently. First, let's deal with the one that didn't work out so well.

The name is super long:

Quite a name, right!?! For me, the equation ended more like this:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = Lots of potential. But fail.

Oh well! I'll try again!

The cookie dough looked great. There may or may not have been some major sampling at this point. ;-)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = The BEST Cupcake. Ever.


The recipe actually involves making cupcakes from a mix. I don't really ever make cakes from mixes because I don't like the flavors very much, but I figured it would save some time and not be as noticeable with cookie dough so I did it that way.
Still looking very promising!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = The BEST Cupcake. Ever.


And then they came out of the oven looking delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = The BEST Cupcake. Ever.


The reviews of this recipe warned that the cupcakes wouldn't look done but to take them out anyway. Within a minute of being out the oven, I realized that they clearly hadn't been in the oven long enough. They had all sunk in way too much:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = Fail


I still sampled, because it takes a lot to deter me from dessert, but they just weren't edible. Way underdone.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = Fail


I haven't given up on this recipe yet, but next time I will make the cake from scratch and I will leave them longer in the oven.

The other cookie dough recipe I made was a much bigger success. And was much easier. And is vegan!! It's from Angela over at Oh She Glows: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough "Blizzard"

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ‘Blizzard’


If the "vegan" description turned you off, I beg you to reconsider. You would have no idea these were vegan if I hadn't told you.

At this point, once again, there may have been some serious sampling. I couldn't even resist eating one between these two pictures. Just look at these!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ‘Blizzard’


Then you blend a frozen banana and a few tablespoons of cookie dough, add a few cookie dough balls and you have a blizzard!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ‘Blizzard’


I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures for this recipe. My camera has been acting up so I sent it in for repair. I'm lost without it and have to make do with my iPhone. (Although I do think it's doing a decent job.)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ‘Blizzard’


The best part of this recipe? Aside from the deliciousness of course... I got to use my Ninja blender! Still loving it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment