Monday, June 13, 2011

strawberries

I like the idea of strawberries, but whenever I buy them, I lose interest in eating them. Last time I even bought Cool Whip in the hopes that it would motivate me, but that didn't do the trick either. Therefore, as with most fresh fruits and vegetables I buy, I ended up with a lot left as they were starting to lose their freshness.

strawberries for Strawberry Bread

I decided to bake with them so I searched for a strawberry recipe that wasn't a pie. And that's where the Strawberry Bread comes in. (Although I have to admit that once I cut these up, I was definitely in the mood to eat them instead of baking them!)

Strawberry Bread

I didn't have high hopes, because I thought it sounded weird and wasn't very inspired by the pictures. Boy, was I in for a treat! The bread turned out moist and delicious and I ate right through it.

Strawberry Bread

If you want to try it, find the recipe here, but I suggest reading the comments (especially mine of course) before making it as it doesn't need nearly as much oil as the recipe calls for.

Strawberry Bread

The pictures don't do it justice. Trust me, just try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment