Tuesday, February 8, 2011

breakfast... it's what's for dinner

The plan was to make salmon tonight, but once I looked up the WW PointsPlus value, I got discouraged. (And side note, also annoyed that wild-caught salmon costs way more points than farm-raised salmon. Guess which one I bought thinking I was making the healthier choice!) As I was closing the freezer door after putting a salmon filet to defrost in the refrigerator for tomorrow, my eyes fell on a completely unnecessary purchase I made on Sunday: waffles! YES! Breakfast for dinner! All of the sudden, it was exactly what I was craving. Who wants/needs fish when you can have waffles! Now, really!?!

I tried to add a bit of nutrition. On one I added peanut butter and jelly, for a bit of protein (and lots of sugar, yes). On the other I added some agave nectar and sliced bananas (not much nutrition on that one, but another fruit added to the day). Ah, who am I kidding!? It was just plain good without much nutritional value!

PB+J and agave + bananas

PB+J and agave + bananas

Today's fruit count:
clementines: 4
bananas: 2
peaches: 1/2

Today's vegetable count:
uhhh, 0

I'll work on that tomorrow. ;-) But for today, I must say that this breakfast-for-dinner has made my night!!

In other news, I bought a blender! AND dug up a smoothie recipe book that I had forgotten about! More on that in another post...

And one last thing... I bought disposable coffee cups for the next time it snows and nice plow man comes around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment