Wednesday, February 9, 2011

listen to your gut

That salmon that I've been thinking about since yesterday? Yeah, didn't turn out well.

I put a little bit of oil and lots of herbs on it and was kind of excited about eating it. I put it on the George Foreman grill and it must have cooked in a minute. I checked on it at 2.5 minutes and it was already overdone. What the heck!? I mean, I am all for a speedy dinner, but I was not prepared for this Mach speed. The spinach water was just getting to a boil! Had I listened to my gut when I first put it on the grill, I would have checked on it sooner and at least turned the grill off while the spinach cooked. Cold well-cooked salmon would have been better than overcooked dry but warm salmon. Oh well, lesson learned!

salmon and spinach

This did save me some Points though, because I could only eat half of my serving! Yeah for staying within my Points limit today! I will add some mayonnaise to the leftover salmon and make salmon salad. Could be gross, could be good. We'll find out.

When I think of it, I had a bunch of other fails today:
~ I tried to get my hair cut, but the place closes at 6 on Wednesdays,
~ I wanted to make clementine cake but had somehow missed the step that you have to simmer the clementines for 1-2 hours - not something I could start at 9 PM,
~ and a few other annoying things that happened today that are not worth mentioning.

But on the bright side, the blender is washed and ready to go. And, I have upgraded to a glass bowl - so grownup, right!? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment