Thursday, November 20, 2014

Easy veggies


Remember this veggie dish?


Case in point for how versatile it is and that the possibilities are endless, last night I made it with 1 sweet potato, 1 small red potato, 6 Campari's (bigger than cherry size tomatoes, but smaller than regular), and 1 eggplant. I sprayed the veggies with canola oil spray and drizzled balsamic glaze on top, as well as a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and thyme.
mid-assembly

assembled and ready for toppings

ready for the oven

after an hour in the oven at 350 degrees


Well that doesn't look so appetizing, but I promise you it was delicious. If I had thought of it before baking it (or had looked back at the recipe I posted), I would have added some garlic powder and just a little bit of gruyère. We ate it with some pasta and it was a satisfying meal. 

All credit goes to my mom for this dish - it's one of her go-to's and I can see why!

Happy birthday to my dad today! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment