Friday, November 21, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

Every year I get excited when I see the cans of pumpkin out in the end caps of the supermarket. Every year I yearn to make all the pumpkin things! And so I purchase pumpkin and then... nada. I get uninspired. Or I make pumpkin things that leave me feeling, eh. But I don't learn. This year, I purchased pumpkin at Costco, so that means 3 huge cans of it! Luckily the pumpkin bagels were a great pumpkin recipe and the one I'm sharing today also turned out to be a success. Maybe I will start to like the pumpkin recipes as much as the idea of all pumpkin things!

So Pumpkin Bread from lovegrowswild.com. Yes! So good! Very pumpkin-y, very molasses-y (from all that brown sugar), and very easy. It turned out moist and delicious - I highly recommend it!
Here is the pin: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/264727284322021276/

Follow the recipe as stated and you're bound for success.

first, mix the dry goods

then cream the butter and brown sugar, now add the eggs

 
mmm, looking smooth and delicious

milk and vanilla, and 1 cup of pumpkin purée

after pumpkin addition

adding the flour mixture slowly

ready for the oven!!

perfect loaf 
(about to be frozen in slices or else you know I'll eat the whole thing in a day)

It's fantastic still warm from the oven, cooled off, and even frozen then defrosted in the toaster oven.

As for the pumpkin bagels, there are still a few left, but not many! Pumpkin things for the win this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment